Monday, September 17, 2012

Epitome of Optimism


5th Day|theCHALLENGE


Script and Spiels for UB Academic Olympics 2012

I can't think of phrases or sentences on how will I describe my Monday. All I can say is that it was awful. I was very very awful. I messed up in my emceeing. I didn't expect that to happen because I knew I can actually speak well but what happened awhile ago was really embarrassing. I have put myself in to humiliation. That's what I think. That's how I ruined my hosting career. 

BUT. Let's stop thinking negative. I'm an optimist. I'm a certified one. So where on the earth can you find a successful person without experiencing failure? I botched. Yes, I admit but towards the end I have redeemed myself. I got the chance to perform well on the last part. At first, I was really groping and making some adjustments because the last time I hosted an event was June and the fact that the invitation was given to me 4 days plus the requirements and the deadlines I need to meet. I lacked of time for preparation. And unfortunately, it really turned out unsuccessful but no regrets because there were many lessons that I have learned for this day. First, the spontaneity. An emcee should always be fast in thinking spiels to fill up the dead air and he should always be spontaneous and organized as well. Second, the flexibility to adjust in language that will be used. I was really challenged because there is changing of language in the event awhile ago. If the category is English, speak English, if it's Filipino, then shift. :) Interesting yet challenging. It was really difficult on my part because I'm not comfortable in Filipino seriously.Mahirap lalo na't hindi mo talaga ito nakasanayan at hindi ka masyadong bihasa. Kaya naman ngayong alam ko na, kailangang balanse. If you're proficient in English, Eh kailangang bihasa ka din sa wikang Filipino. Lastly, Preparation. This is essential, I believe. The more you are prepared, the more you're confident. The more you are experienced, the less mistakes you will commit. I considered this as one of my best experience, aside from there were really numerous realizations It was just a perfect foundation for me to be competent in doing hosting such events. 

I just want to quote the line that strike me in one of the speech of the contestant: "Kung saan ka nadapa, dun ka dapat bumangon." Which is indeed true :)

Sabi ko naman,"Kung hindi ka maniniwala sa sarili mo, Sino pang maniniwala sa'yo?"

Your optimist Mr. Congeniality.

No comments:

Post a Comment