Sunday, September 16, 2012

the CONTEMPORARY Experience


 CONTEMPORARY

#CONTEMPORARY #VERSATILITY #DANCING


I was able to get the chance to do contemporary choreography this week (09/10/12 - 09/12/12) because of the up coming performance this Tuesday (0918/12) for Academic Olympic 2012. And I must quote "I'm lovin' it!" Contemporary is one of a kind genre that need flexibility, concentration and creativity to create such a quality choreography. At first, I thought it will no longer be possible because of time constraint and the limited time given to us but I was very optimistic to finish the task and fortunately I was able to overcome and successfully done the routine. Of course with the help of the Ate Sarah, Dee-Anne, Ronald, Shammy and Ate Tanya. 


What's odd in this piece is that it is a combination of warrior dance and a classical contemporary with basic ballet. It's actually a masterpiece. And this is what I'm known for, I'am a man of mixture, I always combine, I always put new flavor to classical and I'm brave enough to do experiments. Its not that I don't want the traditional but I just want something new when I do routines, I always make sure that I go out of the box, tries to balance everything and putting up a jam-packed show that is truly a worth of watching. That's me, your Mr. Congeniality. 

09/16/12

No comments:

Post a Comment